This has been my go-to chili to make for the past year. I can't believe that I haven't posted it sooner, to be honest. Not only is it the easiest thing in the world to make, but it tastes crazy good.
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes (and compare the different brands' sodium levels 'cause some of them are outrageous)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- salt to taste
- Spray some cooking spray in a skillet over medium heat. Place the turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown. Drain the fat from the pan as the turkey gets cooked.
- Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
- When you serve it, you can top it with some non-fat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream if you're feeling fancy.
The original recipe can be found here, but my version is slightly adapted/better.