I just made this pork and rice dish and it tasted incredible. I'm always looking for other things to do to pork (since pulling it is the popular one) and this recipe is fantastic. I adapted it slightly from A Little Claireification based on my own preferences, so if there's anything in this that you'd alter even more - I have a feeling it'll still taste amazing. Especially over rice.
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pork chops (bone in or out, your choice)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Turn on your slow cooker and add the first eight ingredients.
- Stir briefly just for a minute until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pork chops, turning them once to coat both sides.
- Add the onion, peppers, corn and black beans on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Serve pork over rice or with a side of your choice.