This is my favourite restaurant in New York. They've got three locations. You should probably go to one the next time you're in town.
I used to say that their filet mignon was my favourite thing on their menu (especially if you special order the truffle cream sauce listed amongst the pasta as a dipping sauce for this steak IF YOU WANT YOUR MIND SHATTERED), but since I've somewhat moved on from my love for steak (not totally, we're just on a break), it's really hard to pick a new favourite dish here. Everything I've tried (honestly) has been incredible.
- Short ribs (they only make them on Tuesdays) are so fucking luxurious and wildly unforgettable, it's a sin to be there on a Tuesday and not order them.
- Burrata. If you don't know what that is... yikes. It must be hard living a burrata-less life and frankly I don't want any more details of such an existence. One time, my friend Paul and I ordered three of these back to BACK (it was a hard time, I was going through stuff). If insanity had a taste, it would be of this burrata.
- Trout. Who the hell knew a fish could be this good? I didn't, and now I do.
- Jalapeno cheddar grits are not just a side dish, they are a lifestyle choice, as far as I'm concerned. And I am, in no way, a fan of grits. These are unreal and beautiful and I force everyone to try them.
- Don't get me started on their brunch. I DON'T EVEN LIKE BRUNCH.
I've been here so many times over the past few years, it's always a good time. See the accompanying photos, all taken at this restaurant, for further proof. Notice the level of happiness and/or fullness.
There's no excuse not to eat here. It can be noisy as hell, but goddam. Worth it.