I can't tell you how much I love eating this pudding for breakfast - and it's not even bad for you (as long as you go easy on the maple syrup)!
- 1 cup vanilla-flavoured unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (or whatever yogurt tastes good to you)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus 2 teaspoons for serving
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Raw pecan pieces
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk the almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, the vanilla and a pinch of salt until just blended. Whisk in the chia seeds; let stand 30 minutes. Stir to distribute the seeds if they have settled. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in a medium bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 2 teaspoons maple syrup. Mix in the pecan pieces.
- Spoon the pudding into bowls or glasses; mound the berry mixture on top and serve.
This recipe has been adapted slightly from Food Network.