With the summer finally coming to a close, I wanted to reflect on that list I made earlier in June. Remember how I made a list of things I wanted to do this summer? Let's see how that went.
- "Try the frozen hot chocolate at Astor Bake Shop (Queens)" - did it and wrote about it!
- "Finally visit the rooftop across the street - there's a hotel across the street from me that has a rooftop bar that I've always wanted to go to but never have (Queens)" - didn't do it, which is weird because it's crazily close to my body right now.
- "Finally eat a Nanaimo bar for the first time (Toronto)" - did it! And they were crazy good, it's probably a good thing that I haven't been eating them my whole life. Thank you to Mrs. Battiston for making me a batch!
- "Go to City Island (Bronx)" - sadly, no. But I'll aim to go next year.
- "Go to Montauk (Montauk)" - I had the chance to, but no - it collided with plans to be in Toronto, so yet again, I'll have to wait for you, sweet Montauk. I did manage to make it to Long Island, however.
- "See this year's installation at the rooftop at The Met (Manhattan)" - shit! Totally forgot about this one.
- "Successfully grow something in my backyard (Queens)" - totally did this one! The wheatgrass!
- "Check out the Jefferson Market Garden (Manhattan)" - did it on the way from the burrata ice cream.
- "Get the burrata ice cream at Dominique Ansel (Manhattan)" - oh hell yeah.
- "See a movie at that gorgeous AMC on the UWS @ 84 street (Manhattan)" - nothing good was ever playing!
- "Try an egg cream in Forest Hills (Queens)" - uh HUH.
- "Visit the Edgar Allan Poe cottage (Bronx)" - Nope, it's hard to get people to want to come to the Bronx with you.
- "Blog Idea: Photograph Each Hour For A Day" - I was never up to date enough to do this one, that's my bad. I still intend to do it!
- "Blog Idea: Outfit Of The Day posts" - My outfits sucked this summer? Haha. They didn't, I just forgot I wanted to do this.
- "Blog Idea: Vlog!" - I swear this one is still gonna happen soon.
All in all? Six out of fifteen things got done.
Yikes. Does it make sense that I still had a pretty wicked summer? 'Cause I really did. Behold, summer!