Make sure the following things are done today:
- Make sure there are groceries in the house. The new year must not be seen in with bare cupboards, lest that be the way of things for the year.
- Go to an ATM or bank and make sure there is cash in your wallet. This guarantees prosperity in the coming year.
- If you're celebrating at home, let all the windows and/or doors open at midnight to let the old year out and to let the new year in.
- Twelve grapes, for the twelve months. You also should make a wish on each grape. And for each grape's taste - that signifies what that month will be like. For example, if the third grape you eat is very sour, then March will be an unpleasant month for you.
- Wear polka-dots, even in some small way. Anything round signifies good fortune.
- Pay January's rent TODAY. You don't want any money going out of your home tomorrow.
- Settle any debts you owe, if you can afford to.
- Back up your laptop onto the external hard drive. Have you done that lately? God, so important. Go do that now.
- Wash your hair today, so you don't have to tomorrow. This will be explained later.
- Take out the garbage today, so you don't have to tomorrow. Again, explanations are coming soon.
I'm sorry. I have to do these things. And so, I must pass them onto you.
If you actually give a shit about doing ANY of those things, then return tomorrow to see what you should do on New Year's Day for a prosperous year ahead.