Who the hell knew there was a booming food truck industry in the suburbs of Toronto? Over the past few months, I've made a list of some of the trucks that I've heard good things about and will eventually try.
- CORNehCOPIA from Mr. Corn - Canada’s first and only gourmet food truck specializing in corn on the cob and various corn dishes. Um, what? I love corn AND I WANT THIS FANCY TRUCK CORN. You can see their menu here.
- BeaverTails - I've never had a beavertail! Is that a thing Canadians are supposed to have tried already? I only learned what one is recently, so I'll use that as my excuse. You can see where they'll be next by following their Twitter.
- Ish & Chips - a fish & chips truck, basically. I mostly want to go here because of how much my brother Gary uses the word "ish". You can see their menu here.
- Curbalicious - whoa. Just woah. Look at their poutine (pictured below). Are we serious here? That looks incredible. You can see the rest of their menu here.
- Dirty South - Specializes in southern comfort food with a gourmet twist. "The Dirty Southern Love (picture below) is their signature and most popular sandwich, which includes crispy fried chicken tossed in a mild Louisiana butter sauce and thick sliced candied bacon sandwiched between three layers of homemade buttermilk waffles and topped with baby arugula." You can find their menu here.
These are just the ones I especially want to try, but there are obviously way more out there. You can peruse some more that roam the GTA over here.