There are a million reasons that summer is the worst season (the heat, the stink of people, the unwelcome desire to constantly fill your time with fun things), but let's not focus on the negative. I like to think of summer as pre-fall. You know how the time leading up to Christmas is always more exciting than Christmas Day itself? That's how I like to treat summer. So while I wait for autumn, here are the things that will fill my time until September.
- Go to the beach at least five times.
- See the new rooftop exhibition at The Met.
- Spend the day doing stuff in Harlem.
- Make at least three new recipes from Chrissy Teigen's first cookbook, Cravings.
- Try the frozen Irish coffee at Passage.
- Visit Chateau Le Woof with Baby Dog in Astoria.
- See the Scarborough Bluffs since I never have before.
- See Tew Falls in Hamilton.
- Go away, anywhere, for a few days with Nathan for our anniversary.
- Try SLT finally.
As always, I encourage you to make a list of your own since, well, you're not that busy.