Why is this happening? 'Cause dreams do come true. I've been wanting to go to a Cyclones game for years, so this couldn't be a more perfect one to go to.
"On July 5, 1989, Seinfeld aired on NBC for the first time and 25 years later, the Cyclones will celebrate the show that has left an indelible mark on popular culture. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a Keith Hernandez "Magic Loogie" Bobblehead. In addition, there will be non-stop Seinfeld themed entertainment from beginning to end. Yada yada yada... you'll have an awesome night." brooklyncyclones.com
What kinds of things?
- MCU Park will be known as Vandelay Industries Park for one night only
- Mailmen in uniform get to throw out a ceremonial first pitch
- Anyone who has a business card indicating that they are in fact a "Latex Salesman" will also receive a free ticket to the game. If we call the number and it's some apartment on the Upper East Side, you won't qualify for the freebie.
- Fans can visit the information table for an "airing of grievances"
- Closest to the pin / whale's blow hole competition
- The foul poles will be known as Festivus Poles
- "Low-Talking" PA Announcer
- Elaine Dancing Contest
- Everyone Runs the Bases Post-game (but anyone named Jerry gets a head start)
- Game of "Risk" on the Concourse
- Cereal eating contests
- Anyone named George Costanza will be allowed to join our radio broadcast as a color analyst for an inning
- Players in puffy shirts for batting practice
You probably should get your tickets early, as this night is surely to be one of the most popular of the 2014 season. Single game tickets will go on sale Saturday, May 10th at 10AM. But if you follow the Cyclones on Facebook or Twitter, you will get access to a special pre-sale before the general public. For more information please call 718-37-BKLYN.
Honestly, the "Low-Talking PA Announcer" is maybe the best idea in the world. SO EXCITED FOR THIS.