Remember that time I made really shitty ("good for you") peanut butter cups? Well, those were shit and these ones are CRAZY BETTER. Though, one thought? Make them in a mini-cupcake tin and not a regular cupcake tin. I know I declared that I'm anti-mini-servings, but these are so rich that even the mini version is ridiculous sweet (/amazing).
- Bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Creamy natural peanut butter
- Sea salt
- Mini parchment cupcake liners
- Working with a double boiler, melt your chocolate until smooth.
- Line your mini cupcake tin with the cupcake liners and using a spoon put a layer of chocolate in the bottom of each cup.
- Then take a spoon and drop in a small spoonful of peanut butter in the middle of each cup (try to cover the chocolate so you don't see it).
- Finally, spoon a layer of chocolate on top of the peanut butter doing your best to cover all the peanut butter with a layer of chocolate.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Allow the peanut butter cups to set in the freezer for 15-30 minutes before serving. Keep chilled.
Warning: these get melty as hell if you don't eat them right out of the freezer. And man, they're good. Decadent, but good.
The recipe above is slightly adapted from the original one I found on Leeves & Berries.